CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Sunday, January 22, 2012

A Movie Night Birthday Bash

My little guy is not so little any more. He turned 11 this past birthday. I am just now getting around to sharing the details of this fun event. Grady chose a movie theme to this party. We have a movie theater style classroom at church that worked perfectly for this theme. Here are some photos.
The invite - I ordered a party pack from typewink. The kit was super affordable, easy to work with and adorable!

 I pasted the invite to a movie clapper I picked up at a party supply store.

 We went with a red, black, gold & silver theme.
I made popcorn inspired chocolate cupcakes. Got the idea from Pinterest (of course)
Water bottle wraps from the party pack. Love this little detail.
We had a selection of candies, popcorn a refreshments for the guests. They were given tickets (also part of the party pack) to buy their treats. We had pizza for dinner.
Here you can see some of the little details. I made "backstage" signs for the bathrooms, and had a VIP entrance marked with another sign I made, each guest was given their VIP backstage pass to get into the party. I made these as well. The welcome banner is from the party kit and I designed the signed below it based on the Pinterest idea here. I did find the sign online but it was in the neighborhood of $50 I think. What I made was just as cute and free! The banner I made myself using my Silhouette SD diecut machine and cupcake liners from Hobby Lobby.

Grady chose a couple of movie to watch in our theater room, we ate pizza, open presents. I as very happy when Grady informed me at the end of the evening that it was his best party ever!

I am willing to share the files I made. (Only the ones I made - not any part of the party pack I purchased) If you are interested you can contact me via my Facebook page.

XOXO ~Jo











0 comments:

Post a Comment