CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Sunday, June 27, 2010

An invitation for me!

A few weeks ago we were visiting my in-laws and I was able to stop into Michelle's delicious store in downtown Oshkosh, Dainty Daisies. Michelle and I got to talking and I shared with her that I am just beginning to sell my handmade pretties. She inquired about what I make and she honored me with an invitation to sell my pretties at her store! I am so very excited and I really need to get to work getting her some inventory! Oh - are you by chance wondering what I will be selling there? My cute little hair clippies (some featuring vintage buttons), sweet little tutus & super hero capes for little ones with BIG imaginations. Stay tuned for photos of product. I need to go find my craft table, plug in that glue gun and get to work. But before I go a couple more photos of my rummaging adventures this weekend.




Sweet, tiny paintings with ornate plaster frames. Each painting has the story of "The Wee Musicians" on the back and the one of the boy has a date of 1952 on it. 



A wonderful chunky book (copyright 1964) with great vintage toys and colors. Not sure exactly what I am going to do with it yet but I do know it will involve taking it apart. Ideas anyone?


An old, old book (circa 1891 with a copyright of 1888) titled "Queen of Home, Her Reign From Infancy to Age, From Attic to Cellar." There is a note on the inside title page that it is "appropriately illustrated." That makes me kinda giggle. My plan was to use the pages for art projects...but in looking at it closer I'm not so sure any more. Just look at this gorgeousness:




XOXO ~Jo

3 comments:

Sharon

Thats awsome!!! wtg girl. Let me know when they get there. On one of our road trips perhaps I could stop in there and check it out. and check out the store.

Sharon : )

E...

awesome! WTG, JO! Also... I should say that I love the "queen of home" that would be awesome to frame for sure. Rmeind me to show you some of the signage we have made with repurposed frames when we do shows....
Liz

Very Mary

Please email me and let me know what you'd like on your garden charms! maryann(at)averymarydesign(dot)com

Post a Comment